The main goal of the platform is to reduce the number of medical errors in the world by providing medical professionals with the possibility of obtaining medical experience in a virtual environment that is safe for patients.
For the convenience of users of the platform “Global electronic database of clinical case scenarios ClinCaseQuest” (hereinafter referred to as the “ClinCaseQuest” platform), medical communities in various specialties have been created on our educational portal!
You can join communities according to your specializations and communicate with colleagues in them.
Medical communities are available only to registered users.
If you have several specializations, you can join as many relevant communities as you need.
This Ethics of Medical Communities regulates and defines the following issues related to the actions of medical communities:
Данной «Этикой медицинских сообществ» урегулированы и определены следующие вопросы, касающиеся действия медицинских сообществ:
- General issues
- User profile
- ClinCaseQuest Platform Medical Community Guidelines
- Copyright protection
- Terms used in this Ethics
All the rules established in sections III and IV of this Ethics apply to the news feeds (timeline) of each member of the medical community.
I. General issues
What do you need to do to join the communities?
You must go to the following link: Communities (you must first register in the platform and authorize using your username and password!).
Then choose your specialty and click “Join”. Moderators of specialized communities will approve your participation and you will be able to freely communicate with colleagues on the platform.
Also, platform administrators can send you an invitation to join specialized communities in accordance with your specializations.
Why is joining communities important?
In the communities of the ClinCaseQuest platform users have the opportunity to:
- share experiences;
- ask colleagues for advice;
- freely discuss complex clinical cases;
- to help each other;
- reduce the number of medical errors;
- to study;
Should we be mutually polite when communicating?
Yes, platform users should be mutually polite and respect each other when communicating. In case of receipt of three automated messages to the site administrator about violation of communication ethics, the possibility of blocking such a user may be considered.
Can we help each other?
Yes, users of the ClinCaseQuest platform can post images, files in the community of their choice, create discussions.
II. Personal user profile
When registering in the ClinCaseQuest platform, each user receives his own profile and personal account for ease of training and communication.
How to work with a user profile:
- Before starting work on the platform, it is advisable to add a profile photo and a profile cover photo.
- The profile displays information automatically received by the simulation training platform upon registration (last name, first name, nickname).
- In the profile each user has the right to enter additional information about himself:
- professional activity (year of the beginning of the medical activity, specialty/specialties, place of work);
- education (Institution of higher education, scientific degree).
- The user can post an avatar on his personal profile and a background cover image. The image requirements are as follows: GIF, JPG, or PNG format; an avatar can be a photograph or a picture of a person. The administration reserves the right to approve the image, as well as reject it without further explanation of the reason in case of non-compliance with the ethics of the platform.
- Each user has the opportunity to add links to his personal pages on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. to his profile.
- The user can maintain his news feed in his personal profile.
- The user has access to information about the courses/trainings for which he is enrolled, and can also view the status and progress of their completion.
- The user can view subscriptions (membership) if ordered and have quick access to this information from his account.
- The user can view his grades for passing the tests as part of the trainings from his account.
- The user has access to information about his achievements in training and the acquisition of practical skills and can view it.
- The user has access to his certificates obtained during the training, and can view and print them.
- The user of the simulation learning platform has ample opportunities for personal and group communication within communities.
- Personal communication in the platform can occur between users when establishing personal contacts through a connection, as well as approving requests from other users of the platform.
- Each user has the right to use personal correspondence to receive and send private messages.
- Users have the right to ignore messages of a provocative nature, harsh comments with a negative emotional connotation, messages that violate the rules of communication in the simulation training platform, and file complaints with the platform administrator.
- Group communication in the platform between users can take place in medical communities by specialties (groups).
- At the request of users, additional communities can be created in the simulation training platform.
- Currently, users cannot create communities on their own.
- Communities in the simulation training platform can have any nested structure and have any number of subcommunities (subgroups), which is important for organizing group trainings of institutions and convenient communication of all participants in the educational process.
- The user also has access to all group forums and discussions of ongoing trainings, as well as discussions in which he takes part in communities, and can receive messages when information is updated on them.
- In his account, the user has access to login information for authorization in the platform, and can also change the authorization password, set up email notifications for any activities in the simulation training platform.
- In his account, the user can configure the profile visibility parameters.
- All users can receive personalized notices and view them.
- All users can receive and view platform notifications (personal) and messages.
- When purchasing paid trainings from their own profile, each user has access to the basket, can edit, add, delete trainings when ordering at his own discretion.
III. ClinCaseQuest platform medical communities rules:
Members of the medical community agree to abide by the terms of these rules. In case of disagreement with the rules, the user can leave the community.
- The site administration establishes these rules of communication and requires their implementation. Any user who joins the platform’s medical communities automatically agrees to the rules. If the user does not agree with them and does not consider it necessary to comply with them, he retains the right to leave the communities (with the exception of banned registrations). The platform administration reserves the right to be banned for non-compliance with the rules of the platform’s medical community.
- In medical communities, purely medical tasks are solved and purely medical discussions are created, therefore, only medical professionals are invited and have the right to lead the discussion.
- The rules of the medical communities can be changed and adjusted by the administration of the platform.
- From the moment of publication, each new rule comes into force.
- All medicinal products are referred to as active ingredients and not trademarks. The purpose of the platform is to demonstrate the best standards for providing medical care in accordance with the principles of evidence-based medicine. Within the framework of the platform, neither direct nor hidden advertising of any medicinal products is made.
- The creation and filling of the “ClinCaseQuest Global Electronic Database of Clinical Cases Scenarios” complies with the principles of the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association and the requirements of the legislation.
Protection of personal data and medical confidentiality
- The addition of any information regarding the disease, its course and materials of the obtained examinations, including visualizing information (photo, image), can occur with the consent of the patient when anonymizing personal data. In the case of adding information about the disease, its course and the materials of the obtained examinations, including visualizing information of a person under 14 years old (a young patient), the provision of such information for discussion in medical communities is carried out with the consent of one of the parents, and in the absence of the parents – with the consent of his legal representatives.
- If users post information about the disease, its course, the materials of the examinations received in medical communities without the consent of the person whose disease data are posted, the Administration of the ClinCaseQuest platform is not responsible for such posting, and if such a person submits a claim to the Administration, data about the disease, its course and the materials of the obtained surveys will be deleted, further settlement of the dispute between the user who posted the information and the person about whom the information is posted is carried out by them in a separate order.
- The patient must be guaranteed the confidential use of the information provided.
- Images added to the discussion, in which the personal information of patients has not been removed, will be deleted by the moderators and administrators of the platform of the corresponding specialized communities. When discussing clinical cases, it is prohibited to provide personal information about patients.
- Providing information about the disease, its course, laboratory and instrumental research methods for the “ClinCaseQuest Global Electronic Database of Clinical Cases Scenarios” is voluntary and is provided at the patient’s own free will, which is confirmed by his written consent. That is why the provision of this information to the ClinCaseQuest Global Electronic Database of Clinical Case Scenarios and its further use within the framework of the simulation training platform is not divulging medical secrets either from the patient’s doctor or from the organizers of the portal of the Global Electronic Database of Clinical Cases Scenarios. ClinCaseQuest “. The administration of the platform adheres to strict protection of the personal data of patients who have expressed a desire to provide information for filling the “ClinCaseQuest” Global Electronic Database of Clinical Cases Scenarios, therefore any indication of information about the disease, its course, data of laboratory and instrumental research methods in the “ClinCaseQuest” platform is carried out only when complete depersonalization of patients’ personal data.
- Providing information about the disease, its course, the materials of the obtained examinations for the Global electronic database of clinical case scenarios ClinCaseQuest is free of charge and does not provide any monetary compensation for the patient.
- The patient’s decision to provide information about the disease, its course, the materials of the obtained examinations to the simulation training platform should be made voluntarily and not affect the quality of medical care in the relevant medical institution where the patient turned for help.
- Patient personal data should not be displayed in images posted in discussions in medical communities. The anonymity of the use of information is ensured.
- Patient personal data should not be reflected in public sources of educational information.
User rights. Keeping order during community action
- The order in the group is maintained by its administrator and moderators, the powers of which are enshrined in the “List of powers and duties of a group moderator” of ClinCaseQuest medical communities and approved by the site administration.
- Issues related to copyright compliance are discussed in detail by the site administration on a separate page and are fully applicable to the medical community.
- The user can freely choose the language for communicating with colleagues in the simulation training platform, as well as maintain their professional news feed in a user-friendly language (the languages of the simulation training platform are English, Ukrainian, Russian).
- Each user has the right to use all the functions of medical communities (groups) to create and edit topics and messages.
- Participants have the right to ignore messages of a provocative nature, harsh comments with a negative emotional connotation, messages that violate the rules of the medical communities of the simulation training platform.
- When registering, the user must indicate his valid e-mail. If it is indicated that it is impossible to contact the user with the specified address, the platform administration reserves the right to block personal registration.
- Users have the right to leave links to other resources in medical communities (groups), provided that they correspond to the topic under discussion, and the link does not lead to the main page of the site, but to specific material. The comment should describe what will open by the link. If the rule is not followed, the links will be deleted.
- Users have the right to ask questions regarding the work of medical communities (groups), the moderator or the administration of the site, to request an explanation of certain rules or techniques and principles of the work of medical communities (groups) in the technical support section (discussion of the actions of the site administration is not relevant to this item). Discussion of the actions of the administration or moderators is prohibited. If you have a question or disagreement, please write to us.
- We urge the participants in the discussion not to deviate from the topic, not to go on to discuss personal topics with individual users. For private communication in the simulation training platform, there is a personal correspondence. Off-topic messages and ridiculous messages are considered a flood and offtopic, can be deleted by the moderator without notice.
- Try to give a clear name for the discussion topic you are creating, do not overuse ellipses. It is important that already by the name of the discussion topic, users can determine what is at stake.
- Break long messages into paragraphs for easy readability. Do not copy bulky material on web pages. Summarize the essence, you can give a link.
- It is not worth while addressing the interlocutor, as well as when mentioning third parties, distort nicknames and names. Transliteration is allowed: Anna – Aннa.
- Before starting a new topic, review the list of already created and actively discussed topics to avoid repetition.
- In the discussion texts and in the comments, spelling, punctuation and stylistic errors are not corrected by the site moderators, check the text yourself.
- Each user can leave their recommendations for the development of the simulation training platform, wishes, requests in the “Feedback” section.
- Any user who believes that a message posted in medical communities (groups) offends him personally, insults another participant in the discussion or contradicts the rules, can contact the administration using Feedback.
When communicating in communities, it is strictly forbidden:
- Trolling and nick-flooding in the ClinCaseQuest platform.
- Discussion in a negative view of any platform users, especially if they are currently offline.
- Arrangement of quarrels. If, while discussing your topic, a quarrel ensues between the interlocutors, you need to prevent its development. In the event that you cannot resolve the conflict on your own, please write to the site administration, send links to comments that need to be removed.
- The creation of topics related to politics and religion is strictly prohibited.
- Quoting the content of personal correspondence is private property.
- Posting vacancies and resumes (both our own and third parties), information about the selection of personnel for ourselves and a third party.
- It is prohibited to post advertisements, spam and irrelevant links in medical community discussions. Advertising of commercial organizations, websites is unacceptable. Advertising of goods and services in medical communities is not placed.
- Placement of advertisements for the purchase and sale of something, hiring, renting, etc. forbidden.
- Creating topics, discussions, messages, posting videos and pictures with obscene content, scenes of violence that are in the nature of calling or propaganda of illegal or illegal actions, statements containing manifestations of national, racial, religious and other intolerance, propaganda; as well as the promotion of prohibited substances.
- Placement of pictures, userpics, videos of erotic and pornographic content. As an avatar, images of sex, eroticism, violence, the use of phrases with profanity as an avatar are prohibited.
- Use of symbols of parties, public, informal organizations as an avatar and cover photo. It is forbidden to use other images that have obvious features of similarity with this symbolism. Links to the Internet resources of such organizations are prohibited.
- The creation of topics and messages that provoke users to violate these rules is prohibited.
- Appear in communities under several nicknames or under someone else’s nickname; register a new nickname (create a new registration), if the previous one is banned or deleted. Create new registrations if the previous ones were deleted by the user himself in order to avoid liability for violation of the Medical Communities Rules.
- Creation of uninformative discussions or unrelated messages.
- Transfer personal registration to a third party for communication in medical communities (groups).
- Discussion of the actions of the administration or moderators is prohibited.
- The owners and administrators of groups are prohibited from unauthorized replacement of the texts of the authors of topics in their groups without informing them. If the content of the topic contradicts the rules and ideas of the group, the administrator or the owner of the group can hide the topic or send a request to the “Feedback” of the portal to move the topic to another group.
- Using foul language and inciting ethnic hatred.
- The use of offensive language both to the personal users of the simulation training platform and to the organizations and administration of the platform. The offender is warned and banned.
- Insult, discrimination of participants on the basis of nationality, sex, religion, race, age, professional and other grounds.
IV. Copyright protection:
ClinCaseQuest’s medical communities are a place where the rights of all authors and other copyright holders are strictly respected.
All clinical case simulators and hands-on trainings on the ClinCaseQuest platform are designed to comply with the laws and regulations governing registration and copyright protection.
All copyright for clinical case simulators and hands-on trainings of the ClinCaseQuest platform are protected and confirmed by the corresponding copyright certificates.
In order to maintain copyright in the ClinCaseQuest platform:
- It is not allowed to post materials – texts, images, videos that violate anyone’s copyright. The use of any copyright information should be provided with a link to the source indicating the authors.
- In the personal news feed, medical communities, comments, elements of reprint of copyright information are permissible in cases where such reprint does not violate the rights of copyright holders, it is desirable to provide links to the authors and the original source.
- We remind you that when registering on our website, you accepted the user agreement – the terms of service (public offer), according to which you took responsibility for the legality of using all materials posted by you in the simulation training platform. Please keep in mind that in case of claims of copyright holders to your materials, they may be deleted.
- All of the above applies to images – photographs, pictures. We recommend illustrating in your discussions with materials, posting photographs and drawings made by you personally in photo albums. It is possible to use photos, the rights to which belong to others, in case of explicit permission of the copyright holders to use them – for example, from free photo banks, sites where the use of photos is allowed, etc. Posting other images on the social network is prohibited; in case of violation of this rule, you will be responsible for the illegal use of materials.
- When you maintain your news feed in the simulation training platform, namely, post your own articles, images, you create works of authorship, an author’s product.
When you create any text for images – personal non-property and property copyrights in accordance with the current legislation arise automatically. As the author of these works, you have the following rights by default:
- exclusive right to a work;
- the exclusive right to permit or prohibit the use of the work by others;
- the author’s right to a name;
- the right to inviolability of the work;
- the right to publish the work.
By publishing his own articles, texts, images in communities, the user must understand that in this way he is making his own work public. The administration of the ClinCaseQuest platform is not responsible for the violation by third parties of the copyright of users to the works published in the communities.
6. By registering in the ClinCaseQuest simulation training platform, you accept the terms of service (public offer) – user agreement, in which the following facts are discussed:
a) by agreement of the parties (the Administration of the ClinCaseQuest platform and the user of the medical community), an agreement may be concluded between them on the transfer (alienation) of copyright to works (articles, illustrations, photographs, etc.) owned by the user and published by him in medical communities the ClinCaseQuest platform;
b) Your texts and images may be deleted in cases where their placement contradicts the Rules of our portal or the concept of its development.
7. By the fact of registration, the participant agrees that his comments can be quoted (indicating a pseudonym or his personal data provided during registration in the platform) within the relevant medical community, given that this is not a violation of copyright.
Dear users, the administration of the simulation training platform “ClinCaseQuest, a worldwide electronic database of clinical case scenarios,” expects that you will act strictly in the ethical and legal field in accordance with the ethics and concept of the development of the training portal for the continuous professional development of medical workers.
V. Terms and definitions:
Ban is a way to control user actions by limiting the rights to create and send new comments, create new topics, and send private messages. The ban feature was introduced in order to protect medical communities (groups) from trolls, spammers, provocateurs and other persons whose activities harm the functioning of medical communities (groups) and users personally.
Offtopic – a message that goes beyond the given topic.
Trolls are persons who provoke an emotional squabble, flame, or otherwise violate the ethics of network communication.
Trolling – posting provocative messages, the purpose of which is to cause a flame, conflicts between participants, empty talk.
Flame – an exchange of messages representing a war of words, mutual insults, quarrels.
Flood – repeated repetition of uninformative messages (placing the same type of posts, one repeating phrase, symbols, letters, short meaningless messages).
Nick flood – creating a large number of bots or changing your own nickname frequently.
Smile-flood – sending messages consisting of only smilies.
Userpic (avatar, custom image) is a small static or animated image used to personalize the user.