Clinical case simulator "Choice of dual antiplatelet therapy (DAPT) duration after stenting of coronary arteries in a young woman"
Case simulator Choice of dual antiplatelet therapy (DAPT) duration after stenting of coronary arteries in a young woman. Choice of DAPT administration after coronary artery stenting in a young woman”. A 32-year-old woman developed acute myocardial infarction a year ago. Coronary angiography was performed, and atherosclerosis of the coronary arteries was diagnosed. Hemodynamically significant lesion was revealed, stenting of the infarction-related coronary artery was performed. The patient took DAPT for 12 months. A year after coronary artery stenting, the patient has come to an outpatient appointment. The attending physician needs to make a decision regarding the duration of the appointment of DAPT. On the one hand, long-term administration of DAPT is associated with the risk of bleeding. On the other hand, stent thrombosis may develop in case of premature cancellation.
Case simulator course procedure: “Duration of administration of dual antiplatelet therapy and choice of DAPT administration after coronary artery stenting in a young woman”:
- You will communicate with the patient in dialogue simulators with a branching plot and voiced dialogues;
- Will conduct an objective examination of the patient;
- You will take part in consultations;
- Will remember the structure and function of platelets;
- Will remember the classification of antiplatelet drugs;
- Will review the patient’s CD’s with coronary angiography and stenting data;
- Will analyze the characteristics of the implanted stent necessary for making a decision;
- Will carry out additional instrumental research methods;
- Will analyze the causes of stent thrombosis and the increased risk of bleeding, evaluate them from the standpoint of the presented clinical case;
- Will familiarize yourself with the general algorithm for antiplatelet therapy after percutaneous coronary intervention;
- Will learn to assess ischemic and hemorrhagic risks after coronary artery stenting;
- Will calculate the patient’s risks;
- Will choose the most optimal treatment strategy for the patient; Will select the required duration of dual antiplatelet therapy.
Clinical case simulator:
- More than 8 locations;
- 2 interactive simulators;
- Visualization of diagnostic tests;
- Over 50 practice questions with explanations and comments;
- Analysis of clinical guidelines based on a particular clinical situation.
- Number of competencies – 21
Total duration: 1.5–2 hours.
Devices for training in the clinical case simulator: