According to the radiograph of the chest, the boundaries of the heart are formed:
- The right border of the heart is the superior vena cava, the right atrium. The anterior wall of the heart is the right ventricle.
- Left border of the heart – aortic arch, left pulmonary artery, left atrium, left ventricle
- The lower border of the heart is the left ventricle.
- The right border extends between the margin of the third right costal cartilage to the sixth right costal cartilage just to the right of the sternum.
- The left border extends between the fifth left intercostal space to the second left costal cartilage.
- The inferior border extends from the sixth right costal cartilage to the fifth left intercostal space at the midclavicular line.
- The superior border extends from the inferior margin of the second left costal cartilage to the superior margin of the third costal cartilage.
Register on our website right now to have access to more learning materials!
Subscribe to our pages:
To analyze a CT scan of the chest, imagine that the patient is lying on…
Emergency care of a patient with chest pain – Acute Coronary Syndrome with ST-segment elevation and equivalents /OSCE guide
Opening the consultationWash your hands and don PPE if appropriateIntroduce yourself to the patient including…
Interactive OSCE Checklist – Emergency care of a patient with chest pain – Acute Coronary Syndrome with ST-segment elevation and equivalents
The revised cardiac risk index for preoperative risk may be used in patients ≥45 years…
Rules out PE if no criteria are present and pre-test probability is ≤15%. The PERC…