Intellectual property copyrights are protected and guaranteed by the “ClinCaseQuest” Simulation Training Platform.
The “ClinCaseQuest” Simulation Training Platform is a place where the rights of all authors and other copyright holders are strictly respected.
Copyrights in the “ClinCaseQuest” in the Simulation Training Platform are protected in the following areas:
- Copyrights of the Simulation Training Platform;
- Copyrights of platform users;
- Copyrights of authors of educational materials;
- Copyrights of third side persons or companies.
1. Platform copyright
All content on this website, especially images, videos, texts, platform blog postings, case simulators, clinical case simulations, interactive case studies, interactive case simulators, practice simulations, OSCE stations (Objective Structured Clinical Examination), as well as accompanying methodological materials – interactive checklists, OSCE recommendations published on it, protected by copyright published on it, protected by copyright. Their full or partial distribution, modification, or copying without the prior written consent of the administration of the “Global electronic database of clinical cases simulation scenarios “ClinCaseQuest” is prohibited.
The exclusive copyright for the use of the content belongs to the owner of the brand “The Global electronic database of clinical cases simulation scenarios “ClinCaseQuest”. All rights reserved and owned by the brand owner of the “The Global electronic database of clinical cases simulation scenarios “ClinCaseQuest”. The site also contains copyrighted images owned by third parties and used with their permission.
Any violation of copyright and related rights is prosecuted in accordance with international legislation and entails civil, administrative, and criminal liability.
All clinical case simulators and practical training courses of the “ClinCaseQuest” platform are developed in compliance with the Law “On Copyright and Related Rights”, the Civil Code, and other regulations governing the registration and protection of copyrights.
All copyrights in the clinical case simulators and “ClinCaseQuest” platform practice training courses are protected and confirmed by the appropriate copyright certificates.
Issues related to copyright compliance are discussed in detail by the site administration on a separate page https://clincasequest.hospital/warning/
2. Platform user copyrights
Registered users of the Simulation Training Platform may create intellectual property objects that are subject to copyright in the course of training and communication in the platform.
In the process of training and communication on the platform, users can create the following intellectual property objects:
- Comments in discussions on trainings;
- Comments on the content posted in the news feed by the platform administration or other users of the platform;
- Comments on content posted in users’ news feeds;
- Comments on the content posted by the platform administration or other users of the platform in the medical communities of the platform in certain specialties (text, with the addition of media files – images, videos);
- Messages in the user’s own feed with a demonstration of their own medical experience and growth, clinical cases from their own clinical practice (text, with the addition of media files – images, videos);
- Messages in the news feed of the platform, discussion of clinical cases (text, with the addition of media files – image, video);
- Creation of discussions in the medical communities of the platform for certain specialties (text, with the addition of media files – images, videos);
When adding comments from your side in discussions to training courses; comments on the content posted in the news feed by the platform administration or other users of the platform; comments on content posted in users’ news feeds; comments on the content posted by the platform administration or other users of the platform in the medical communities of the platform in certain specialties, namely the placement of texts, images, videos – you create author’s works, an author’s product.
When you maintain your news feed in the simulation training platform, namely by posting your own articles, texts, images, videos, you create an author’s works, an author’s product.
When you add information from your side to the news feed of the platform with the creation of a discussion, namely the placement of texts, images, videos, you create an author’s works, an author’s product.
When you add information from your side to the medical communities in certain specialties with the creation of discussions, namely the placement of texts, images, videos, you create the author’s works, an author’s product.
Attention! We do not have access to the messages that you create and exchange with colleagues using the platform messenger, therefore we cannot be responsible for protecting the content that you post in messages of the platform messenger and exchanging it with your colleagues in private or group messages. Responsibility for the observance of copyrights for the content posted by you in the platform messenger rests with you and the persons with whom you exchange information.
When you create any image texts, personal non-property and property copyrights arise automatically in accordance with the current legislation. As the author of these works, you by default own the following rights:
- the exclusive right to the work;
- the exclusive right to permit or prohibit the use of the work by other persons;
- right of authorship;
- right of the author by name;
- the right to inviolability of the work;
- the right to publish the work.
When publishing their own articles, texts, images in communities, discussions for training courses, comments, in the user’s own news feed, in the platform’s news feed, the user must understand that in this way he makes his own work public. The administration of the “ClinCaseQuest” platform is not responsible for the violation by third parties of the copyrights of users to works published in the communities, however, it guarantees the observance of copyrights to the published works of users on its part.
When registering in the Simulation Training Platform “ClinCaseQuest”, you accept the terms of service (public offer) – the user agreement, which discusses the following facts:
a) The alienation of copyrights to work (articles, illustrations, photographs, etc.) owned by the user and published by him in discussions for training courses, the user’s news feed, the platform’s news feed, in the medical communities of the “ClinCaseQuest” Platform.
b) Your texts and images may be deleted in cases where their placement is contrary to the Rules of our portal or the concept of its development.
By registering, the participants agree that their comments may be quoted (using the pseudonym or their own name provided when registering on the platform) within the relevant medical community, provided that this does not constitute copyright infringement.
At the same time, users must also respect copyright when creating and posting content on the simulation learning platform.
In order to comply with copyright in the “ClinCaseQuest” platform:
- In the user’s personal news feed, platform news feed, medical communities, discussions for trainings, comments, elements of reprinting author’s information are allowed in cases where such reprinting does not violate the rights of copyright holders, it is desirable to provide links to the authors and original source.
- We remind you that when registering on our website, you accepted the user agreement – the terms of service (public offer), according to which you took responsibility for the legality of using all materials posted by you on the simulation training platform. Please keep in mind that in case of claims of copyright holders to your materials, they can be deleted.
- All of the above applies to images – photographs, pictures. We recommend illustrating your discussions with materials, posting photographs and drawings made by you in your photo albums. It is possible to use photographs, the rights to which belong to other persons, in case of explicit permission of the copyright holders to use them – for example, from free photo banks, sites where the use of photographs is allowed, etc. Posting other images on the social network is prohibited; in case of violation of this rule, you will be liable for illegal use of the materials.
3. Copyright of the authors of educational materials
When creating educational materials for the simulation training platform “CleanCaseQuest” by teachers of medical education institutions, practical health care doctors, the administration of the Simulation Training Platform guarantees the observance of their copyrights to the authors by the administration of the simulation training platform.
Educational materials that authors can create for the Simulation Training Platform:
- Thematic publications for the platform blog (text information, images, video files);
- Materials for the training couses (text information, images – photos / illustrations, video files);
- Training scenario for creating an interactive clinical case (text information, images – photos / illustrations, video files);
- Training scenario for creating an interactive analysis of a clinical case (text information, images, video files);
- Training scenario for creating an interactive practical training (text information, images – photos / illustrations, video files);
- Training scenario for creating a practical skill simulator (text information, images – photos / illustrations, video files);
- Training scenario for modeling a clinical situation (text information, images – photos / illustrations, video files);
- Training scenario for creating a clinical case simulator (text information, images – photos / illustrations, video files);
- Training scenario for creating OSCE station simulators (Objective Structured Clinical Examination)
Thematic publications for the platform blog should contain links to sources used in the preparation of training materials and contain links in the text in accordance with generally accepted publications in scientific and practical sources.
If the training scenario of a clinical case is based on a real clinical situation with the visualization of additional research methods, then the information from the author to the “Global electronic database of clinical case simulation scenarios “ClinCaseQuest” occurs in a blinded form without indicating the patient’s personal data and after depersonalization of personal data in case of providing the patient’s consent to the transfer of information about his/her illness, its course to the “Global electronic database of clinical cases simulation scenarios “ClinCaseQuest”, which is confirmed by his/her familiarization with the information about the platform and the signing of the patient’s informed consent.
If a group of authors is involved in the preparation of training materials, then the copyright applies to the group of authors.
Authors collaborating with the Simulation Training Platform “ClinCaseQuest” are encouraged to complete the registration procedure on the platform, add their profile photo and profile cover, and fill in personal information in three languages regarding:
- Personal data (last name, first name and patronymic)
- Education (higher education institution, scientist title, scientific degree, advanced training)
- Professional activity (specialty, place of work, etc.)
The author may reserve the right to remain anonymous, without indicating his authorship, at their own discretion. Also, the author, at will, can change the display status of his authorship through additional agreements.
The platform administration reserves the right to translate the educational materials of the authors with a guarantee of respect for their copyrights in foreign language educational materials.
An author’s agreement is signed between the authors and the administration of the Simulation Training Platform, according to which the authors receive royalties for the work done on the preparation of training materials and the transfer of copyright property rights from the author to the administration of the platform, as a result of which, the exclusive right to use the created training materials will belong to the platform administration.
When authors prepare materials for a professional school, authors, with the consent of the parties, can receive a quota percentage of sales from the platform marketplace.
The Simulation Training Platform retains the copyright right to compile learning materials on the platform.
4. Copyrights of third parties
The “ClinCaseQuest” Simulation Training Platform does not allow the placement of materials – texts, images, videos that violate anyone’s copyrights. The use of any copyright information should be provided with a link to the original source indicating the authors.
Register on our website right now to have access to more learning materials!
Subscribe to our pages:
AMEE 2023 took place from 26-30 August 2023 at the Scottish Event Campus (SEC), Glasgow,…
We are thrilled to announce that our Simulation Training Platform “ClinCaseQuest” has been featured on…
Baseline Cardiovascular Risk Assessment in Cancer Patients Scheduled to Receive Cardiotoxic Cancer Therapies (Anthracycline Chemotherapy) – Online Calculator
Baseline cardiovascular risk assessment in cancer patients scheduled to receive cardiotoxic cancer therapies (Anthracycline Chemotherapy)…
The National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) is a scale designed to assess the…
We are at SESAM 2023 with oral presentation “Stage Debriefing in Simulation Training in Medical…
Charlson Comorbidity Index predicts 10-year survival in patients with multiple comorbidities.